Alpinart Exhibition Centre
Alpinart exhibition centre was opened in July 2008. It is located in the Miners’ Village (Villaggio Minatori), in Cogne. Its three halls house exhibitions dedicated to alpine culture.Since July ...Read more
The castle of Aymavilles is certainly the most characteristic and recognizable element of the Community for its position and architecture, characterized by the four cylindrical towers crowned by ...Read more
Châtel-Argent and panoramic viewpoint
There are no evidences of the existence of a Roman fortress in Châtel-Argent, even though some signs (the presence of Roman bricks recycled in the chapel’s walls, discovery of inscriptions...Read more
Forte di BardRead more
Formerly the “grand pont” was made of wood and the inhabitants of Introd had repeatedly to restore or to replace it.
In 1824, the City Council decided to rebuild it in masonry, but due to...Read more
Issogne CastleRead more
“La Rampa” (so-called by the Vellatsu, Villeneuve’s inhabitants), leads to the fortress of Châtel-Argent; it’s a great staircase dug into the rock overlooking the village...Read more
Maison Bruil at Introd is one of the most important examples of rural architecture of Gran Paradiso.
Built in 1683, it is a very old rural dwelling put to a lot of different uses. All the diffe...Read more
Maison de Cogne Gérard-Dayné
Maison de Cogne Gérard-Dayné is a rural house mentioned in documents that date back to the 17th century with all the characteristics of traditional Cogne Valley “stone and wood&rdq...Read more
Maison Musée Jean-Paul II
The local council of Introd, under the sponsorship of the Autonomous Region of Aosta Valley, and with the co-operation of the Vatican, has promoted the birth of the House Museum John Paul II.
The Mus...Read more
Museo delle Miniere di ChampdeprazRead more
Some rural outbuildings, named Ôla, were built at the foot of the castle: a large farmstead of 680 km².
The southern façade of the main building, belonging to a later phase of const...Read more
Pont d’Aël aqueduct bridge
Built in 3 A.D. by two Roman colons , Aimo and Avilio, over the gorge of the Grand Eyvia river, the aqueduct bridge made of stone, about 56 m. high and over 50 m. long, is, in Aosta Valley, one of the...Read more
Sarriod Castle of Introd
The original Castle dates back to the 12th Century, like the Castle of Graines, and was made up of a square tower surrounded by walls.
In around 1260 Pierre Sarriod of Introd enlarged the primi...Read more
Verrès CastleRead more