- Read more
Cappella di Chardonney a ChamporcherRead more
Chiesa del Capoluogo a ChampdeprazRead more
Chiesa di Castello a ChamporcherRead more
Comba pouyeuisa Chapel
Comba pouyeuisa is a small oratory placed upstream from the village of La Poya, next to the regional road to Cogne.Read more
Introd parish Church
The first mention of the parish appears only in 1176, when Pope Alexander III laid the church of Introd under the patronage of the Bishop of Aosta in the papal bull of April 20th.
Over the centu...Read more
After the plague of 1629-1630, the inhabitants of Rhêmes-Saint-Georges took a vow of building a chapel to avert the contagion of 1630.
The Prieur’s Chapel was erected in honour of St. Mar...Read more
The parish church of Rhêmes-Saint-Georges, dedicated to Saint George, patron of the village, has been built where it always was during the 18th century.
Tradition tells us that previously there...Read more
Saint Mary Church
It’s one of the most important religious buildings in Aosta Valley. The most ancient testimony of its existence is quoted into a document, which dates back to the end of the 12th century.
Santa Colomba Chapel
Within the castle walls, Santa Colomba Chapel faces Aosta plane. It was probably built over the ruins belonging to Roman times.
The structure left today probably goes back to the 11th century. ...Read more
St. Léger church
The historic religious Abbé Henry dates its origins back to the first settlement of the Benedictines in Aosta Valley and includes it among the 43 parishes existing around 1800’s.
It appe...Read more
St. Martin church
The church of St Martin d’Aymavilles was not only included among the first 15 parishes of the Valley established around 1600 but is also cited along with the churches of St Germain and of Morgex...Read more
THE PARISH CHURCH
Cogne parish is dedicated to Sant’Orso, a clergyman from Aosta Valley who lived between the 7th and 8th centuries and who was renowned for his thaumaturgic powers. Legend goes that it was he him...Read more
Villeneuve parish church
It’s in 1782 that Villeneuve’s villagers asked the Bishop De Sales to build a new church in the village, as the old one was too far from the centre and it caused many problems to the pries...Read more
The chapel in the village of Voix was built in 1781, at the will of the inhabitants of the hamlets of Voix and Cachoz.
The land where it was built was donated by Petronilla Vauthier, and the expenses...Read more