Prieur's Chapel

Prieur's Chapel

After the plague of 1629-1630, the inhabitants of Rhêmes-Saint-Georges took a vow of building a chapel to avert the contagion of 1630.

The Prieur’s Chapel was erected in honour of St. Marc, St. Sebastian and St. Rocco.

During the 18th century it was destroyed by an avalanche, and was subsequently rebuilt  in 1733. At present it is used as a winter chapel.



Share on facebook
Share on whatsapp
Share on telegram
Share on email