Author

Share

Pont d’ Aël Village

Upon the downriver right-hand side of the bridge, there is a compact built-up area named Pondaël, but known by its inhabitants as Pondy, which has maintained the features of a rural village with a millennial history.

The road to Cogne cuts across the slope above, without a view to Pondy, which is the reason for it being scarcely known.

A 150 metres’ walk away from the village chapel, a magnificent and unexpected view appears: the bridge overlooking an impressive gorge of a depth of more than a hundred metres.

The Pondaël Chapel, dedicated to Saint Andrew, is mentioned in 1693, although it is certainly older.

'' Audioguida   '' Download

Map

Nearby...loading